Chief Executive Officer
Hrachya Tokhmakhyan was born on March 20, 1973. Having served as the Financial Manager of FINCA UCO since 2007, and having established a solid foundation of continuous success, in December 2013 Hrachya was appointed to lead FINCA in the new role of the Chief Executive Officer. Hrachya has extensive work experience in banking and financial fields. Before joining FINCA Hrachya held the position of the Internal Audit Department Manager at “Inecobank” CJSC. He also acquired invaluable experience working as а Team Leader at “Grant Thornton Amyot” LLC. Prior to this Hrachya successfully ran the position of the Financial Analyst at “ArmenTel” CJSC, as well as the position of the specialist in the Accounting Department of RA Central Bank. Hrachya also worked at the State Tax Service as the State Inspector.
Hrachya graduated from the Armenian State University of Economics, the Faculty of Accounting and Analysis of Economic Activities. Within the period from 2002 to 2005 he received an ACCA qualification, in 2006 becoming a plenipotentiary member of ACCA. He was also granted a “License of professional and qualification compliance to the positions of CEO, Board Member-Deputy of CEO” and “License of professional and qualification compliance to the positions of Bank Internal Audit Manager, Internal Audit Member” by the Republic of Armenia Central Bank.
- From whom or what do you draw inspiration in your everyday life?
- I draw inspiration from mature, deep, intelligent and nice people, who make the world a kinder and more beautiful place to live in. These bright personalities, full of positive energy and enthusiasm, make any interaction with them so empowering and exciting.
- Who or what inspired you to choose your life’s path?
- The person, who inspired me to choose my life’s path, is my father, a Doctor of Philological Sciences and a member of the Academy of Sciences. He has lived his life prioritizing inner world and continual self-development, never giving importance to material aspects of the world. He has always emphasized mutual respect, leaving only positive and bright memories after him. The only fact that I bear his surname has helped me greatly to achieve the state I am now in and always get respect of people around.
- Are there words of wisdom by which you try to live your life?
- “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give”. Once I met this profound quote of Winston Churchill, I realized that it was the formula I have always believed in. I also try to give as much as I can to life and take the maximum possible from it.