Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Validity period: 21/06/2019 - 31/07/2019
Duty Station: Yerevan
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for the management of core business operations, including lending, product development, marketing, policy development, and application of internal controls. He/ she will ensure that the FINCA subsidiary is competitive, and that outreach and profitability performance targets are met. The COO is responsible for ensuring that core business personnel are adequately trained and operated at a high standard of technical competency. The COO also ensures that the FINCA Armenia subsidiary implements responsible lending and savings practices. As a member of the Management Team, he/ she shares responsibility for the overall performance and activities of the FINCA Armenia subsidiary and participates in making decisions on strategic issues.
– Guide and direct management in the development, production, promotion, and financial aspects of the Organization’s products and services;
– Direct the preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on broad organizational goals and growth objectives;
– Oversee executives who direct department activities that implement the Organization’s policies;
– Implement programs that meet organizational goals and objectives;
– Create the structure and processes necessary to manage the Organization’s current activities and its projected growth;
– Maintain a sound plan of corporate organization, establishing policies to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession;
– Develop and install procedures and control to promote communication and adequate information flow within the Organization;
– Supervise design of hardware and software systems to assist in the smooth and efficient flow of information;
– Establish operating policies consistent with the Chief Executive Officer’s broad policies and objectives and ensure their execution;
– Evaluate the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and report these results to the Chief Executive Officer;
– Ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood;
– Ensure that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with regulations and laws governing business operations;
– Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Organization’s policies and applicable laws;
– Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience:
– Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Economics or a related field, or equivalent work experience;
– At least 5 years of experience in comparable positions in terms of responsibility in banking or microfinance in an operations line-management role; prior experience as a member of a senior management team is desirable;
– Experience in credit origination and credit risk assessment, business experience in (a) micro lending, (b) small enterprise lending, (c) rural and agriculture lending; experience in Credit in addition to mobilization and delivery channel development is a plus;
– Strong knowledge of digital ecosystem and experience in digitization of business processes, implementation of digital crediting related projects such as DFA/ Tablet banking, OLA (online loan application), automated credit scoring, online/ mobile banking;
– Experience in developing and implementing strategic/ operational plans for financial institutions;
– Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills;
– High level of customer service and strong willingness to work in the field;
– Strong business management and negotiation skills;
– Experience in managing and motivating a large staff;
– Excellent interpersonal, communication and training skills;
– Excellent technical report writing skills and computer literacy;
– Adaptability to challenging environments; country or regional experience is a plus;
– Fluency in English language; fluency in Armenian and/ or Russian languages is a plus;
– Availability for domestic travel (up to 30%), and international travel (10%).
– Problem solving: identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully; developing alternative solutions; working well in group problem solving situations; using reason even when dealing with emotional topics;
– Project management: developing project plans; coordinating projects; communicating changes and progress; completing projects on time and budget; managing project team activities;
– Delegation: delegating work assignments; matching the responsibility to the person; giving authority to work independently; setting expectations and monitors delegated activities; providing recognition for results;
– Leadership: exhibiting confidence in self and others; inspiring and motivating others to perform well; effectively influencing actions and opinions of others; accepting feedback from others; giving appropriate recognition to others;
– Quality management: looking for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness;
– Managing people: including staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; taking responsibility for subordinates’ activities; taking self available to staff; providing regular performance feedback; developing subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; soliciting and applying customer feedback (internal and external); fostering quality focus in others; improving processes, products and services.; continually working to improve supervisory skills.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: If you meet the requirements above and are confident that your background and experience qualify you for the position, please follow the link: https://tinyurl.com/Finca-COO, then create your account to apply.