Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Ժամկետ՝ 24/02/2020 - 24/03/2020
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Բաժին / Մասնաճյուղ՝ FINCA Armenia
The CEO is the Managing Director of a FINCA subsidiary and directly responsible for the day-to-day management of the affiliate. This includes direct responsibility for the management of the economic and human resources of the affiliate, its operational and financial performance, as well as the development of its institutional capacity. In all his/her activities, s/he will be guided by the principle of good stewardship for FINCA and its mission, responsibility and accountability to FINCA and its authorized agents and bodies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
In order to fulfill his/her tasks, s/he will provide best-practice leadership vis-à-vis the employees of the affiliate; s/he will manage and will adequately and efficiently employ human and other resources in the affiliate, as well as make adequate and efficient use of resources available within FINCA (FINCA Impact Finance Headquarters, Regional office, other FINCA affiliates) and externally (outside FINCA). He/she will:
- Ensure high quality financial services to the clientele and maximize outreach to the target group in a sustainable way;
- Implement best-practice corporate governance, management, organizational structure and procedures, staff development, financial management, and risk management principles;
- Ensure compliance with the Charter/bylaws of the affiliate; FINCA and affiliate policies, procedures, plans and agreements; decisions of affiliate governing bodies as well as headquarter and regional office; maintain good coordination with regional office, headquarters, and governing bodies;
- Mobilize funding resources in form of debt and/or grant capital;
- Promote FINCA Impact Finance in the country;
- Contribute to the development of the FINCA network.
Manages five or more subordinate supervisors who supervise the subsidiary’s employees in the Operations, Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources and Audit. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also, directly supervises one non-supervisory employee. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Leading With Integrity – Reinforces our values through daily behavior; holds others accountable to ethical behavior; encourages full disclosure of mistakes; confronts unethical behavior quickly
Employee Engagement – Maintains a fulfilling work environment; engages people based on their strengths; mentors others to develop their skills; sets clear and measurable goals
Achievement Focus – Overcomes obstacles creatively; consistently achieves business objectives; recognizes and pursues opportunities; takes calculated risks to achieve goals
Collaboration – Convinces others collaboration is a win-win; holds people accountable to work together; fosters mutual accountability to achieve results; develops rapport throughout the Company.
Responsible for Results – Takes responsibility for own actions; manages others to focus on key priorities; helps others overcome challenges; balances urgency with attention to detail.
Recruitment & Staffing – Makes quality hiring decisions; forecasts staffing needs accurately; follows Company hiring process; demonstrates effective interviewing skills.
Financial Responsibility – Conserves organizational resources; works within budget guidelines; assesses ROI on expenditures; adjusts allocations to take advantage of unplanned opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- MS Degree or equivalent; Experience in financial services: 8 years minimum, experience in credit: 4 years minimum;
- International experience in developing countries: 3 years minimum;
- Experience working in microfinance an asset, experience in setting up microfinance programs preferred, branch management exposure preferred;
- Risk Management experience required;
- Exposure, and established interest, in working for poverty alleviation;
- Strategic planning exposure a must;
- Experience in cash flow projections;
- Excellent entrepreneurial, leadership, communication skills;
- Self-confidence, decisiveness and common sense;
- High degree of computer literacy a must.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Fluency in English and Armenian or Russian is required.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; FlexCube; Internet software; MicroSoft Office suite.
- Ensure high quality financial services are delivered to our clients;
- Maximize outreach to the target group in a sustainable way;
- Ensure the long-term financial viability of the subsidiary in accordance with established targets and plans;
- Implement best-practice corporate governance, management, organizational structure and procedures, staff development, financial management and risk management principles.
- VP Regional Director, FINCA Impact Finance Management Team, Central Bank Leadership, investors and donors.
- Ability to travel in economy class when traveling by air or rail.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: If you meet the requirements above and are confident that your background and experience qualify you for the position, please follow the link then create your account to apply: https://bit.ly/2T7zK8E