Chief Operating Officer (COO), FINCA Armenia
Ժամկետ՝ 05/01/2024 - 15/02/2024
Chief Operating Officer (COO), FINCA Armenia
Բաժին / Մասնաճյուղ՝ Executive Office
ROLE in BRIEF
COO is a key executive responsible for optimizing and streamlining the day-to-day operations of an organization. Focused on efficiency and effectiveness, the COO works to align internal processes with strategic goals, improve overall performance, and enhance productivity. This role involves implementing operational strategies to ensure the organization functions seamlessly and achieves its objectives.
The COO plays a crucial role in driving innovation, transformation, cost-effectiveness, and scalability, contributing significantly to the overall success and sustainability of the business.
Efficiency, Optimizing processes, Innovations, Underwriting and Back office
KEY AREAS TO SUPERVISE
Project Management, Contact Center (non-sales), Centralized Underwriting and Back Office Function
BUSINESS OBJECTIVES AND GOALS
- Operational Efficiency: Streamlines internal processes and workflows to enhance operational efficiency, reduce costs, and improve overall productivity.
- Strategic Alignment:Ensures that operational activities are closely aligned with the broader strategic goals of the organization, contributing directly to its long-term success.
- Quality Management: Implements and maintains rigorous quality management standards to enhance product/service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Resource Optimization: Efficiently manages resources, both human and technological, to maximize output and minimize waste, supporting financial goals and sustainability.
- Innovation and Adaptation: Fosters a culture of innovation and continuous improvement, staying abreast of industry trends and technologies to adapt operations for long-term competitiveness and growth
- Transformation: Collaborates closely with the CCO for successful Transformation of Finca Armenia from current state to the new business model, specifically:
- Delivering Key Enablers which are Digitization, Automation & Touch-tech on time & on schedule
- Ensuring the foundational, centralized Call Center is performing at optimized levels with improved customer focus & KPI attainment
PEOPLE AND LEADERSHIP
- Provides leadership, management and strategic direction of the staff under his/her supervision
- Leads and coordinates work of subordinated staff
- Cultivates a high-performance working environment, sense of belonging (‘team spirit’), and affinity to FINCA’s mission and brand values among the work force
- Anticipates staffing needs, participates in recruitment efforts for subordinated staff, attracts the right people in support of growth and outreach plans
- Motivates, retains, and maximizes productivity of staff within his/her directorate through effective leadership, mentoring, transparent communication, performance management, development, and career planning
- Develops efficient bonus/incentive plans, for the contact center staff, in particular
- Identifies and develops successors for the managerial positions within his/her directorate
- Conducts performance evaluation of the staff reporting to him/her and verifies that the supervisory personnel also perform evaluations of their staff in timely manner according to established procedures
- Together with other MB members, is a representative and “ambassador’ for the business in front of all external and internal stakeholders
PLANNING, MONITORING, REPORTING, COMPLIANCE
- Together with the other MB members, directs the preparation of the operations plans and budgets
- Monitors the implementation of operational, financial and institutional development plans
- Develops and implements adequate performance reporting
- Ensures compliance of F/Armenia’s operational activities with the Charter/bylaws of the affiliate; FINCA and affiliate policies, procedures, plans and agreements; decisions of affiliate governing bodies as well as headquarter and regional office supervisor(s); maintains good coordination with regional office, headquarters, and governing bodies.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT OF FINCA ARMENIA
- As a member of the Management Board, participates in Company’s general management as defined by the Charter and the Regulation on Management Team/Board (if existing)
- Keeps all Management Team/Board members informed about relevant issues/development in F/Armenia’s operations
- Presents relevant ‘Operational’ issues to the Management Board for information, discussion, decision making
- Participates/votes in decision-making on relevant ‘Operational ‘ and ‘Non-Operational’ issues
- Fosters development of an ethical and moral working environment across the company; builds mutual respect, understanding, trust and cooperation among all staff members; serves as role model for the company staff
- Strengthens the ‘sense of team commitment to the mission’ within the organization
SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM OFFICER
- Serves as Social Environment Management System Officer: ensures compliance with FINCA Impact Finance’s Exclusion List; ensures applying FINCA Impact Finance and national ethical lending policies; reports this information annually to the Global Compliance Officer and other stakeholders uses the Subsidiary Social Environmental Performance templates and Guidance; brings the Subsidiary into compliance with any unique requirements set forth in its funding agreements.
- Internal: Member of Management Board, Management Team, and other departments heads.
- External: Representatives of FINCA Global, Regulatory Institutions, Service Providers, Clients etc.
- Desirable: Master’s Degree in Business, Finance or Economics
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration required
- At-least 10 years’ industry experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in leadership roles
- Strong successful experience in operations
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic/operational plans for financial institutions
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of business transformation issues, call center operations and underwriting
- Demonstrated leadership and coordination of resources to deliver in line with a single cohesive strategy
- Strong business management and negotiation skills
- Experience in managing and motivating a large staff
- Proven ability to delegate and to empower teams
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and training skills
- Excellent technical report writing skills and computer literacy
- Fluency in Armenian and English language, working knowledge of Russian is a plus
- Availability to travel up to 30 % of the time
- Ability to travel in economy class when traveling by air or rail
A CAREER ADVANCING FINANCIAL INCLUSION:
ABOUT FINCA IMPACT FINANCE
FINCA Impact Finance (FIF) believes in the power ofInclusive Finance.
FINCA Impact Finance is a global leader of responsible financial services. We are comprised of 17 full-service banks and microfinance institutions and a holding/shared service company and we serve more than 2.8 million customers with an array fintech and traditional products and services. We are a double bottom line company that delivers positive social impact and financial sustainability.
We are more than 7,000 dedicated colleagues who are passionate that financial services can have a positive impact. Most of us living in the communities we serve, and all of us guided by our values of warmth, trust, and responsible banking.
We welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds and considers people at all career stages. We seek individuals with whom we can build strong and lasting relationships – people who care about, and have respect for, customers. We look for colleagues who approach their work with joy, innovation, energy, and a sense of service beyond self.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) reports directly to the CEO and is a crucial member of the subsidiary’s Management Board. The COO provides regular updates to the Board of Directors, focusing on areas such as efficiency, process optimization, innovation, and back-office operations.
If you meet the requirements above and are confident that your background and experience qualify you for this position, please apply here,