Corporate Audit Manager
Validity period: 29/09/2022 - 13/10/2022
Duty Station: Yerevan
Corporate Audit Manager
Department / Branch: Corporate Audit Department
Corporate Audit Manager, FINCA Armenia
The Corporate Audit Manager (CAM) performs professional internal auditing work, which involves managing, or conducting performance, operational, financial, IT and compliance audit assignments in the subsidiary, and the Region; in coordination with the Divisional Audit Director and other CAMs, he/she ensures that the subsidiary audit plan is executed; he/she provides consulting services to the subsidiary management and staff. S/he provides input to development of the annual Corporate Audit plan, all with emphasis on a risk-based approach designed to assist management in the attainment of their objectives. S/he provides supervision to Corporate Audit staff. S/he maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensures Corporate Audit activities are carried out in compliance with The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards).
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the execution of the internal audit plan for FINCA Armenia and ensure that planned audits are completed on time. Anticipate planning issues and is proactive in resolving planning conflicts, delays, or ad hoc requests in coordination with the Divisional Audit Director.
- Participate in audit assignments under the supervision of the Divisional Audit Director in cases of cross-country engagements.
- Is responsible for the overall and on-going communication with the Audit Committee and the management board of FINCA Armenia
- Communicates the results of audit and consulting projects, analysis, trends, and any relevant information via written reports and/or oral presentations on a timely basis, according to planned reporting schedule or as required/necessary to the subsidiary management and Board Audit Committee
- Develop ad hoc and creative communication with the FINCA Armenia senior management team to support the realization of assurance objectives and to keep the Corporate Audit department knowledgeable of business operating models, key strategies, local issues, topics and relevant information.
- Develops and maintains productive team-oriented client, staff, and management relationships through individual contacts and group meetings. Help maintain an image of the Corporate Audit activity which is one of positively contributing to the FINCA mission and goals.
- Participate to on-going networking with the other Corporate Auditors in the regions and across the network
- Manages Corporate Audit staff and the planning, organizing, directing, and monitoring of Corporate Audit operations, including hiring, training, evaluating staff, determining compensation and taking effective actions to address performance matters.
- Assist in the identification and evaluation of the organization’s audit risk areas and provides input to the development of a risk-based annual Corporate Audit plan.
- To review the implementation of customer service requirements as specified in the goals and key deliverables of FINCA Armenia Management team during the audit process and communicate any gaps in the audit report as an audit exception to Board and Management for further Action
- Participate in projects for the Corporate Audit group regionally or globally as assigned by the Division Audit Director or the Global Chief Auditor.
- Represents Corporate Audit on organizational project teams, at management and board meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6 years of professional experience and 4 years of full-time experience in internal audit, operations, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation, including 2 years supervisory or project management experience.
- A second certification/degree in a specialty field (e.g., IT, IT auditing, fraud or fraud auditing, Accounting, Microfinance or Banking). This may substitute for one year of required experience.
- Experience in Microfinance operations, or Banking or auditing in a supervising capacity.
- Knowledge of control and risk self-assessment facilitation techniques.
- Knowledge of the environment regulations, and laws.
- Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud.
- CIA and/or CFE. If not CIA or CFE.
- CISA or CRMA will be an added advantage
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of contemporary risk management and control techniques and working knowledge of contemporary control frameworks.
- Some Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices, including but not limited to applicable reporting, disclosure, financial reporting and accounting principles and practices.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Good skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Good skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, systems documentation, and ideally other business software to prepare work papers, reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with customers, co-workers, staff, and external contacts, and work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Fluency in English and regional/local language
- Availability to travel (50% of the time)
If you meet the requirements above and are confident that your background and experience qualify you for this position, please apply to this job role via this link.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.